M!LK is a 5-member (unfortunately soon to be 4-member) Jpop group that is part of EBiDAN; (Ebisu Gakuen Danji-bu, or Ebisu Academy Boys Club) a division of the agency Stardust Promotion that is responsible for producing male idol groups. They are currently part of EBiDAN Next High (a selection of EBiDAN's younger groups who have the potential to eventually become like the bigger and more experienced groups such as Choutokkyuu and DISH//).
M!LK made their debut in 2015 with the single "Coffee ga Nomemasen" and the title track was used as the ending theme for the anime "Pankisu!". Though prior to this all of the members were active as part of a temporary EBiDAN 39&KiDS unit called Clash,. M!LK fans are called "Milkies".
The music video for the title track of their most recent single, "Bokura Nari Revolution"
Date of Birth: March 23rd 1998
Member Colour etc.: Pink/Strawberry Milk, should be in charge of being cool but is actually a joker
- The leader and oldest member but is actually just a huge dork.
- Known for making funny faces at the camera.
- The only member from EBiDAN OSAKA. He was actually added to the group later on to replace former member Yuuto who left EBiDAN back when they were still Clash,.
Date of Birth: December 15th 1999
Member Colour etc.: Yellow/Lemon Milk, in charge of tinkering
- His catchphrase is "Chesuto!" which means to do something without regrets in Kagoshima dialect.
- He has a very unique dance style.
- He's called "kime-gao Jinto" -- meaning something like "sexy/sultry-faced Jinto" -- because of the facial expressions he pulls while dancing.
Date of Birth: February 15th 2000
Member Colour etc.: Green/Matcha Milk, in charge of cuteness
- He's the main singer and centre of the group. Known for his high voice.
- He loves cute clothes and has an unusual fashion sense.
- He loves Sanrio characters, particularly Cinnamon.
Date of Birth: September 11th 2000
Member Colour etc.: Blue/Soda Float Milk, in charge of noisiness
- The clown of the group. Loves to mess around and tease the other members.
- He's often compared to a rabbit or a squirrel because of his teeth.
- He plays basketball and is a gymnast.
Date of Birth: October 25th 2000
Member Colour etc.: Orange/Orange Float Milk, in charge of fashion
- He's often mistaken for being one of the oldest members due to his height and looks but is actually the youngest.
- Regarded as the most handsome.
- He has acted the most in dramas among the members. One notable role he's played is young Kou in "Ao Haru Ride".
Check out this English sub of the group's self-introduction I did below.
M!LK also have an alter-ego group called BLACK M!LK that has a more cool, bad boy kind of style in contrast to M!LK's usual cute and cheery style. BLACK M!LK just recently released their debut album "THE LOCK" on June 13th 2018. You'll find the music video for "MUKATSUKI" below.
Like Magipri, M!LK is another group that's very dear to my heart. Their songs are so upbeat and catchy, and the members are all so lovable and work well together. Their performances as both M!LK and BLACK M!LK show that the members are varsatile and able to pull off both a "cute" and a more "cool" style which is something I love in a male idol group. They've just been rising higher and higher since their debut and I can't wait to see what they'll do next. Maybe they'll do a collaboration with Magipri someday, haha.
I had planned for M!LK to be this month's featured group a while back, but after the sad news we got last month that Haruki will be graduating from the group it seems like I picked the perfect time as this month will be our last chance to celebrate M!LK as a 5 member group.
What do you think of M!LK? Let me know in the comments. And if you love them as much as I do, be sure to check out the recently opened M!LK Amino.
M!LK's official website
The World M!LK Fangirls Only Knows
M!LK's Japanese Wikipedia page