Satori Shounen Dan (also called SATORI BOYS CLUB or SBC) is a 3-member dance and vocal unit under EBiDAN. They made their CD debut in 2017 with the single "Help You" but they were active prior to this as an EBiDAN THE STREET (the collective name for EBiDAN artists that mainly focus on performing street lives) group. The name was chosen because all of the members are of the "Satori generation". They also have a collaboration unit with fellow EBiDAN group EBiSSH called ONE N' ONLY.
The group performing "I wanna say..." (2016)
Member Colour: Pink
Date of Birth: 1999.12.19
- The lead vocalist of the group. He has a somewhat unusual voice and I like it a lot. I'd have to say he's one of my favourite vocalists in EBiDAN.
- There's something about Eiku that I just love. I don't know what it is exactly. He just has a really friendly face and seems very sweet and gentle.
- One of the reasons Eiku began his music career was because his dad was a big fan of Yazawa Eikichi, a very influencial Japanese singer. It seems this is also why he was named "Eiku".
Member Colour: Blue
Date of Birth: 1999.09.17
- One of the dancers in the group and he occasionally raps.
- The only word I can think of to describe him really is 'yabai (crazy)', haha. He's just very energetic and funny.
- He seems to get the crowd the most fired up during their lives.
Member Colour: Yellow
Date of Birth: 1999.07.08
- Like Hayato, he's one of the dancers of the group and he occasionally raps.
- He's somewhat quiet and not as silly as the other two so admittedly I didn't really pay much attention to him at first.
- He seems to be the most popular member amoung the Japanese fans.
Check out the music video for Satori Shounen Dan's most recent single, "WE/GO" (released 2018.05.09) below!
Satori Shounen Dan did take a while to catch my attention, mainly on account of them being an EBiDAN THE STREET group for such a long time therefore not being majorly accessible. One thing that did play quite a large role in my becoming a fan of theirs though had to be the few weeks where they were featured on EBiDAN Amigo, working on a new song with the help of some high school girls. The song ended up being called "It's My JK Life" and was included as a B-side track on one of the editions of their debut single "Help You". The song is about what it's like to be a high school girl in Japan, the lyrics taking inspiration from the experiences of the girls they worked with and the girls even got to dance back-up for the group at the debut performance of the song. After hearing the song week after week I couldn't help but come to love it and being able to watch the members of Satori Shounen Dan interacting with those high school girls was honestly the cutest thing ever. Satori Shounen Dan is just very different from all of EBiDAN's other groups in a way I can't quite put my finger on and all of the members seem very sweet and down-to-earth.
What do you think of them though? Feel free to let me know in the comments!
SBC's Official Website